-->
no
no

Fix It Friday - Fixing the Buckle of My Pants

2 comments
Fix It Friday -  Fixing the Buckle of My Pants

Matter Pants fix

Have you been feeling the heat lately? The mercury over in Singapore has shot up to 30C and above. I took a look at my thermometer and it read a sizzling 35C! It's so difficult to walk out doors without your sunblock slapped on or even shades and a hat. I find it really uncomfortable to wear jeans in this heat too - I just stick to cotton tops and trousers. How have you been dealing with the heat so far?

Matter Pants fix

Speaking of trousers, mine tend to need repairing at the bottoms or at the seams so I was really surprised when the part that needed repairing on one of my favourite pairs was the ...... buckle. Yes, really! The coating was coming off and it had started to rust - maybe I was too violent when it came to washing it or perhaps it was just bad luck. I dropped Matter Pants an email asking them if they knew where I could get a replacement buckle so I could fix my pants.   The next day, I got a lovely email saying that they would pop a replacement buckle in the mail and a few days later.....
Matter Pants fix


It was really a lovely surprise to see the package with a nice note. I'm not sure if there would be any harm in having a rusty buckle on a garment but if any of you are interested in colouring textiles, you will know that rust can cause stains on fabric - sometimes nice ones, and sometimes not too nice! 

Matter Pants fix
This was a very easy fix - unpicking and then sewing on the new buckle. I had to remember to use a double strand of thread.

Fixing the Buckle

My pants are good to go now! Have you done any out of the ordinary fixes on yours? Share here!



You might like these Fix It Friday posts too

sashiko

repair haversack
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. It's nice to see a company being so happy to replace broken parts! A nice simple fix but worth it as you say to avoid rust stains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, it's wonderful to save something instead of throwing it away!

    ReplyDelete

no
no